BECOME A MEMBER
Join Us Today
By joining the IDSc, you gain access to the latest news and developments, educational career development, local support and networking events, and annual conferences and publications. Anyone who works in or aspires to work in medical device decontamination is welcome to join our active and diverse community; our members include sterile services personnel of all levels, microbiologists, infection control staff, endoscopy staff, engineers, theatre staff, corporate members and members from the NHS and private healthcare sector.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria for Chartered Membership may be admitted to this category but will not possess voting rights.
MEMBER (CHARTERED) MIDSc (CHTD)
Healthcare scientists who have achieved accredited technical and management qualifications to the UK’s required national degree standard or equivalent may be admitted as a chartered member. It is the individual responsibility of each member to ensure that they obtain the relevant continuous professional development training to meet the requirements of their professional register at all times. Failures to do so may result in lapse or withdrawal of IDSc membership.
Member (Chartered) MIDSc (Chtd) Option 1
- Foundation degree Decontamination or equivalent e.g.
- BSc Medical Device Decontamination
- Masters Medical Device Decontamination
- Degree Infection Control
- Masters Infection Control
- Degree or Masters of science (related to National Profiles for Healthcare Science as listed in Healthcare Scientist career framework supporting Agenda for change document).
Member (Chartered) MIDSc (Chtd) Option 2
- Evidence of completion of Users course (CfPP 01-01) and/or CfPP 01-06
- Copy of NVQ level 4 or acceptable equivalent Management Certificate or Degree.
- Copy of NVQ Level 3 – Decontamination award (where available) Or IDSc Technical Certificate.
- Copy of relevant certificates gained during professional role in (or related to) decontamination sciences.